Everything you need to know about marking out a field for American football can be found here:
Field markings for small sided football
Minimum field markings ( 1st March 2023):
Field and game management audits
In even-numbered years, BAFRA officials conduct an audit of field markings at every game:
In odd-numbered years, BAFRA officials conduct a similar audit of game management:
Teams are encouraged to self-assess themselves using the forms above in order to highlight problem areas that they may be able to address.
Advice for groundsmen
- Removable field markings
- Choosing colour-blind-friendly colours for multi-sport pitches
- Colour blindness is one of the world’s most common inherited, genetic disorders and affects about 8% (1 in 12) of males and 0.5% of females. This guide discusses field markings.
- This video from the FA talks about colour-blindness in sport.
- This guide talks about how to choose colours that are friendly to colour-blind people.
- Robot lining
- Field markings on top of rugby union markings